DISTRICT GOAL(S) 2023-2024
- Prepare for the New Jersey Quality Single Accountability Continuum (QSAC)
- Create an appropriately sized middle school gymnasium to support the health, wellness and athleticism of our student population.
- District staff will participate in a year-long training on the implementation of the Ruler Program for social-emotional learning from the Yale Center for Emotional Intelligence. The program educates both staff and students. The 2023-2024 school year is year one (1) of a three (3) year plan that includes implementation with students and the community.
BOARD GOAL(S) 2023-2024
- To support the Administration in the implementation of the Ruler Program.
- To continue to review financial statements and reports.
District Goal(s) 2022-2023
- As a result of the Covid-19 Pandemic, identifying gaps in learning will help determine the best support for students. Staff will implement practices that support learning for mastery by regularly analyzing data from benchmark and classroom assessments. Achieved: The administration reviewed the data and met with the staff to access progress.
- Create an appropriately sized middle school gymnasium to support the health, wellness and athleticism of our student population. Update: Design of the new middle school gym was completed and the board went out to bid. The bids came in over budget and the decision was made to revise the design and go out to bid again.
Board Goal(s) 2022-2023
- To successfully negotiate a new contract with the Demarest Education Association, support staff and other administrators. Achieved: The board of education successfully negotiated new contracts with all bargaining units.
- To become familiar with financial statements and reports (including the audit, monthly statements, and budget). Achieved: The board of education reviewed financial reports with the Business Administrator. They will continue to do this next year.