G&T Complaint Procedure

An individual who believes that the school district has not complied with the gifted and talented provisions of N.J.S.A.18A:35-34 et seq. may file a complaint with the board of education by sending the complaint to the superintendent and business administrator / board secretary.  The board shall issue a decision, in writing, to affirm, reject, or modify the district’s action in the matter.  The individual may then file a petition of appeal of the board’s written decision to the commissioner of education through the Office of Controversies and Disputes in accordance with N.J.S.A. 18A:6-9 and the procedures set forth in the state board of education regulations.